The project included 40 mothers of the third age from the area of Srebrenica, who need support in terms of social activities, psychological counseling, as well as providing assistance in everyday life activities. This is why it was formed mobile team that visits them daily in their family homes. These are mostly mothers whom family members were killed in the genocide and they do not have no one of close relatives to take care of them.
The project has been implemented since December 2016 when it had only 25 mothers. Since that period, well to date, a total of 54 mothers have been included through the project, and unfortunately 14 mothers moved to the better world.
• Our mothers from Srebrenica visited the city of Konya, more precisely the municipality of Selçuklu where within the project “Brotherhood Bridge to Selçuklu – Sarajevo” were special guests. On that occasion the mothers visited Aladdin’s mosque and Mevlani’s turbe, thanked for the reception and hospitality, and invited their hosts to come again to visits Srebrenica.
• Organization of visit of several mothers from Srebrenica to the city of Mostar for the production of the film about the mother Hatidža Mehmedović, by Salih Brkić.
• A meeting of the mothers of Srebrenica and Bužim was realized in the month of March. Organization of families of martyrs and fallenfighters of Bužim Municipality visited mothersof Srebrenica where, among others, they were hosted by members of the Association of Hajji “EN-NUR” from Bužim and together they visited the gravesand, the work room of late Izet Nanić, commander of the famous 505th Knights Brigade. Mothers of Srebrenica met Izet’s mother Rasima Nanić, so here we again realized how big female heroines they are and yes for them there is no worse condition, apart of that they planted in the ground its flowers.
• In October, we officially opened the Center for the Elderly persons “Hatidža Mehmedović”.
• Dentists from Konya nad Selçuklu visited the beneficiaries with the aim of performing dentistry checkups.
• In the premises of boarding accommodation was organized a lunch and gathering on the occasion of New Year. On the same occasion was also prepared a performance by the beneficiaries of Day Care Center and boarding accommodation.
Intesa Sanpaolo Banka
SWIFT: UPBKBA 22
IBAN: BA39 1542 0011 0008 5746
Uni Credit Banka
IBAN: BA39 3389104805723482